Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Starting Out

I have never blogged before.  I only very recently even started posting comments that were not Anonymous on blogs that I have been following.  But, in thinking about the different challenges a semi-new Female Led Relationship brings, and in appreciating several blogs that deal with these issues in heartfelt and emotional ways, I thought maybe it was time to try this out. We will see whether this ends as a wholly failed experiment in my ability to be articulate or interesting.

To this point, all of the blogs I have followed speak to me in different ways. There is a traditional F/m domestic discipline blog that I like to read because it addresses the disciplinary aspect of this in a frank and engaging manner. It is also more of a cooperative community of sharing ideas and thoughts that is particularly appealing.  There are a few male submissive blogs I follow because it is important for me to understand the feelings behind this on the other side and to have some level of comfort that taking control as a female is, in real and genuine ways, something that can bring simplicity, joy, intimacy and/or peace.  I also follow a Mistress blog that is so beautifully about love and respect that I could not help but feel better about this choice when my husband raised it.  What is so amazing as this progresses is how different each person's take is in these communities, and what works for some and not others.

In the very beginning I was trying to read everything I could and certain things turned me off or made me wonder if I could or should really do this.  But, as I explored more, I began to see that there are so many benefits of this and so many different ways to construct it that you can create exactly what works for you.

So that's where I am. In the midst of trying to figure out what is right and best, and sometimes struggling with either being ultimately in charge and whether the manner in which I am leading is truly best for our family.  It must be difficult in many ways to be a submissive male, but it is also difficult to be a Mistress or a Female leader.  My generation is one of greater equality for women, but I know even in my professional life, women (including myself) can still be haunted by being bitchy or aggressive when we really are just doing our jobs.  So retraining the mind and not feeling like I am just adding more to his plate or being a bitch is hard.  It is also hard to make the choices. To really think about being in charge, the impact my actions have on my husband and to strive with everything to make the best decisions I can.

I do not know anyone else personally who admits to being in a FLR.  So the online community is particularly helpful because it can be discussed in relative anonymity and by extension, honesty.  My work and life demands may make this too difficult to follow through on, but in searching to find the right path, I thought I might just give this a try.

If you are so inclined, please feel free to comment or help start a discussion on what I think is a very important topic and a (kind of surprisingly) peaceful and loving way of life.  The simplicity in certain ways of an FLR is fantastic.  

14 comments:

  1. Dear Mistress,
    You sound like a wonderful lady, and your other half is truly blessed. Just follow your instincts. You can change things as you go along. The important thing is once you reach a decision to get your husband to obey and preferably obey without thinking. You are she who must be obeyed in his life. I hope you both find this remarkably sexy.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Z. I appreciate the comment and hope you will contribute in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I very much look forward to reading your posts as you sound very similar to us! We dip our toes in the world of FLR as a means of bringing us closer together and so that no dispute ever takes on a significance bigger than it warrants. As a result we haven't has a single argument for the best part of a decade. I don't feel that I am made to feel worthless but my whole demeanour in the relationship is geared towards consensus. Am I obedient? Not in a slavish way no, but then my attitude is usually in line with hers and I guess that comes from the elements of FLR that are part of our lives. The paddle is always there as a potential tool if she wants but it hasn't been taken out in over two years. The chastity device is used far more and that does put me in a much stronger submissive frame of mind when she feels it is warranted. My wife is very much into orgasm control so sex is very much about her. I never expect reciprocity and very rarely get it - once a month at most and often longer but I really don't feel hard done by. Good luck with the blog and hopefully I can comment in the future. Guido

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Guido. Thanks for sharing! I really like to hear the male perspective on this subject so anytime you want to comment, please feel free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, I will... I very much look forward to reading your thoughts in the future. For us submissive males the guidance and insight of women like yourself is always a source of inspiration. As a matter of interest for future comments and commentors, how would you prefer to be addressed? Guido

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guido,

    Rhiannon is fine. I appreciate your kind words and hope that I can develop my voice in this area. I think the insight from submissive males is very important in really having a full understanding of this topic so I encourage you to continue to contribute and would appreciate your perspective as this develops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhiannon, since your blog is way new, and there are only 3 posts so far, I went backward (most recent to here). I'll just say this ..... please don't burn out and lose the desire to continue with your lifestyle, and the also to blog about it. You're wonderful. You speak with clarity and in a way that I admire and maybe even envy. Congratulations and thank for the launching of this blog. I know we all will benefit from having another member of the community sharing their words. It's especially rewarding when those words are coming from a Dominant Wife in a loving FLM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SubHub,

      Thank you so much for the kind words. I have read and followed your blog for some time, and have learned a lot! I find I enjoy blogging more than I expected so I am hopeful I cam keep it us as well. Really looking forward to your continued contributions.

      Delete
  8. Rhiannon,
    Welcome to the blogging world! I started a blog a few years ago just as a way to journal my sex life. Through reading other blogs, beginning with those related to spanking, I learned about female led relationships including orgasm control and denial.
    This has been a complete breakthrough for me in how I feel about our relationship. It took a while for me communicate with my wife about this (first problem in relationship to work on!), but she has found there are certainly benefits to her.
    She is hesitant to make our relationship full on FLR but it has evolved considerably in the past two years and I can only wonder where we will be a few years from now, particularly when we become empty nesters.
    Unfortunately she does not want to read anything on the net about this and therefore can not benefit from the only source of helpful support she might find besides mine.
    Perhaps I can convince her that there is good, realistic advice in sites like yours.
    I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill,

      Thanks for stopping by and sharing. I certainly understand the trepidation your wife may have. Although I will say, at least for me, the more I kind of realize there just is no other path, the easier it gets. I also completely understand the fear of the net to some extent. I had my moments of terror, to say the least. I also found for me, the idea of a community of like minded individuals within the sphere I was comfortable was immensely reassuring. She is welcome to contribute privately and just mark her comment with do not post or something. I would very much like to pay forward the peace I found in some loving FLR blogs

      Delete
  9. Well, done. Ive been despretly searching sites and blogs for resources for my wife. She is very "vanilla", and at times somewhat put off by certain sites. We are both very new to FLRs. It was I that was harboring a need to submit. I finally came clean about it (no pun intended) and she seems more nervous than I am. Nonetheless, it's a journey we'll explore together. And, with the discovery of your blog, perhaps it will be easier for her to find strength in herself. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J-

      Thanks for stopping by! I understand the journey aspect of this and feel a little like Mark Twain--just rolling down that river with little idea what the hell is going on day to day.

      To me, the idea of a community of sharing and learning, based on love and respect, is just the thing people who are starting out need. I am hopeful this blog can be one of those avenues. I hope you will continue to share and be part of this little thing we are doing here!

      Also, I absolutely understand the desperation of looking for something that seems to fit and not be scary. The blogs I followed helped me a lot, which is part of what inspired me to do this. Anyway, I look forward to learning more about you and your river journey as well.

      Delete
  10. I read your newest post first then read this one. That answers some questions I asked you but not all. I follow many blogs and post on them and you probably have seen what I have said on others blogs. sub hub has a great site and is honest so is Red who has consensual spanking. I wish you and your husband the best. As I said before talk, talk, talk. What does he desire and more important what do you desire.
    archedone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Archedone. i think figuring that out in general and specific terms is probably the hardest struggle in any life, not just this type.

    ReplyDelete