Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On The Ever Complicated Topic Of Discipline

In reading through the comments and thinking about what might be an interesting topic, I saw two themes developing that I think we should explore together.  I will deal with them separately, much as I love jam packing blog posts with one bajillion thoughts and statements.  Although, as I reread this, it is an epic one.  Grab a seat. I apparently have much to say on this tonight.  Each of these topics seems to deserve its own attention, and I expect may generate more opinion, perspective and thought than maybe others I have written on in my very short blogging time.

The topic that seems to emerge either impliedly or explicitly is discipline, which this post will focus on, and the second is orgasm control or male chastity more generally.  I will attack that after we see how this goes.

I am not--like pretty much like everything else I am writing on--any sort of expert, theorist nor snake oil salesman who wants to sell you a bill of goods on any of this.  It is simply the chronicle of my/our journey, and an attempt to address topics that I found frightening, interesting and immensely complicated when I first started looking at this as a choice.  I simply present this as such and will let you draw your own conclusion or take what you will from it.

I expect opinions, feelings and sentiments will vary widely on these topics.  As I have said before, and will likely repeat ad nauseum, there is not one path for everyone nor one way that makes this real, true or pure--at least from my perspective.  I will also preface that I am not trying to generalize as to anything or ascribe a point of view to any particular group- but me continuing to say "in my opinion" or the like probably will spawn a hilarious drinking game where everyone ends up in trouble.  So I will just assume that because we are all adults and this is a blog, that you know this is my opinion rather than some form of larger credo or form of gospel.  And so with my massive disclaimers, let us discuss.

As one of our charming contributors pointed out, there is often a divide between a FLR and more traditional Domestic Discipline.  While I have read that many in femdom or FLR use corporal punishment either in sex or as part of discipline, there are also an equal number that seem to prefer not to use it.  Coming up with other forms of discipline or behavior correction such as corner time, extra chores, a stern or disapproving warning or the like.  There also seem to be many in a DD relationship that do not really subscribe to the larger assumption of authority by a female outside of the specific and agreed upon behaviors to be corrected.

I find it surprising there does not seem to much overlap between these two areas--particularly where, as one contributor pointed out, giving your spouse the ability to correct or manage certain behaviors is--at least for that area--an exchange of some form of power.  I have no skin in the game of which one is better, right or works for you.  I sincerely hope that whatever relationship you are in absolutely works for you, and brings you joy and happiness.  If these topics do not, I understand and will mix it up with some bad Greek myth references in the next weeks.

Anyway, in first looking at all of this however long ago, I realized I had no real sense of how to discipline or punish.  I certainly understood the accountability aspect and that if I set expectations or required certain services, behavior or actions, there had to be some form of consequence should such not occur in the manner I wanted.  Unfortunately, the actual carrying out of this amorphous accountability was not just in my wheel house.

Much as I wish my glowering stare could inspire immediate contrition, that is just not realistic.  And my go to move of correcting some behavior I did not like with my ex was basically screaming, long periods of stony silence or some really awesome moves like jumping out of a car (it was mostly stopped).  So here I sat--searching different blogs and trying to understand even the basic difference between discipline, punishment and the different theories, thoughts and methods behind it.  While also trying desperately to find something I could live with and feel ok about.

I got lost in several different things to say the least and vacillated between thinking I should buy eight canes to be used nonstop or work on that glowering stare and have that be the end of it.  And as I read different examples of what people did or how people were disciplined or punished for specific things or in certain instances, I understood even less about what would work for me.  So came the great up and downhill rock rolling of what kind of discipline, should it be corporal, can I do that, should I do it severely, what do I do when that is not tied to the issue, and on an on an on.

But really, as with everything about this, it is a personal journey and you have to find what works for you.  And sometimes it is one thing, and other times it is something else, and sometimes we just do the best we can.

So with all of that prefatory rambling out of the way, here is where we started and what we do.  If you don't want to know or disagree with anything I have said, thanks for stopping by and I hope something else I will say is more of your liking later.

My sweet husband and I have enjoyed some form of spanking kink for while.  He is really the only person I could explore that aspect with for whatever reason (probably because he is just magic).  We would throw it into our sex life on occasion and always some form of great role play.  I fancied myself a switch, which really meant that sometimes I just wanted to be a naughty girl under her Big Daddy's hand (things just got interesting, right?!) or more typically, a woman in serious charge.  He also claimed the same, but as I said to him a few months ago, it was really more than he knew I liked that on occasion and was willing to provide that to me.  The idea of spanking him as a punishment really never crossed my mind.

Then, as things kind of turned into me always being in charge in the bedroom and it started to creep into the rest of our life and we realized we had not switched in a really, really long time, we both realized maybe things had changed in our dynamic generally and I raised how he would feel about being spanked as a punishment.  I certainly do not think he loves it, but I also think there is something to the immediacy of it and the ability to wipe the slate clean.  It is not drawn out, it is different than anything else we do, and then it is over.  I will also be clear that this rarely comes up actually.  I loathe it and I am sure he does too.  It is very different than anything else we do--different room, different implements, different demeanor, and really only for certain very, very specific things. I also genuinely think it is so much less about it being a more painful experience physically than him knowing how much I hate it and wanting to avoid that rather than the pain itself.

But as we decided that punishment spankings were reserved for pretty limited things, I (again) rock rolled about what the hell to do about everything else.  I told Dan--Disciplined Hubby that I was trying a punishment fits the crime approach.  To some extent that is true, but what is the appropriate punishment for not specifically carrying out something I asked (especially when it is the product of two households, in two different states, really demanding jobs and a mess of tiny children)? Corner time? Going to the store to get the thing he forget (this one I do)? Washing his mouth out with soap (which I get if there is some sass involved)? Enemas (No thanks)? ETC....I literally have no clue.

So we implemented the concept of a more frequent spanking.  Not at all a punishment spanking but not pure play either.  I have specific instruments I use (and which I have an excellent source I love) and there is a whole ritual that goes along with it.  And what we have both discovered is that is satisfies a whole series of things that I think works for us.  He likes it because it is a physical reinforcement of my authority (much like men who are caged might feel?), we each find some way of releasing stress, sharpening focus and being centered to our relationship (which DtBHC specifically raised in a comment is what he gets from it so apparently we are not alone) and it also kind of addresses some of the small things that we let go with a reminder he wants to be good and obedient when he feels that lasting sting during the day, and is also a little fun.  So that's pretty much our mainstay.  With specific offenses meriting a much less fun trip to the home office, and the in between either getting wrapped up in the maintenance discipline or addressed separately.

I also had a beautiful paddle made that he is responsible for putting in my purse when we go out. It is a small, custom hairbrush in purple wood with my initials. I fully expect I will never have to use it, as he is a delight in social settings, but it is there as a reminder that I could. And so this part of what we do I think is our particular physical manifestation of my authority beyond me just kind of being assertive, expecting his service and otherwise being in charge. It is a specific way to remind each of us who is in charge.  Not really the physical act per se or the pain associated (even if minimally), but the idea he just submits to me when I say and that I am the final arbiter of any behavior I wish to correct--anywhere, any time.

The day to day discipline or correction is honestly more what I struggle with.  The right (drinking game go) Balance to correct but not turn me into a school marm.  If anyone has insight about what works for them in the day to day, I'd love to hear (just as I would generally re your thoughts as to this topic).  He rarely needs it but I feel like I want to have some canned reactions to specific issues so at least I can be swift and efficient, and not leave him feeling like one day he gets punished for something that I let go two days later because I don't have time to deal with it or I just don't know what to do.

Anyway, this is clearly a tip of the iceberg type post....as I think we can all agree whatever form discipline takes in a FLR (corporal or otherwise), it clearly factors in and is likely something we should discuss as this little blog continues.

So there we are fellow readers....Let me hear you.

26 comments:

  1. So, you are coming at this from the opposite direction than my wife and I did. You started with FLR and are exploring DD. We began with DD and are exploring FLR. Therfore, anything I have to say on this may not fit perfectly for you. '

    Like you, we began with spanking as a bit of kinky sexual fun. Although with us, it was always her spanking me. No switching. She had no interest and, truth be told, I'm not sure I could give a woman anything beyond the most playful of spankings. A lot of the kinky spankings included some kind of theme wher she was "punishing" me for bad acts, but it was really role-play. At the same time, there were things I was doing that really pissed her off and, at some point, she became concerned that our role-play really functioned as a reward for that bad behavior. It was some time after that that I discovered the Disciplinary Wives Club and presented it to her to consider, as a way for her to impose the discipline that we both thought I needed, but in a context that was really not about kink.

    From that time on, for us the corporal punishment was front and center. Like you, we agreed to a specific set of offenses for which it would be imposed. In order for us both to become accustomed to the new regime, we even set a minimum number of swats for each offense.

    I still see spanking as core to our relationship. It gives her a very concrete outlet to express her dissatisfaction, and in a way that elevates her power over me in unmistakable ways. It also provides me with a very black and white boundary and, for me, DD is all about boundaries and someone imposing them on me in a way that is challenging for me, yet "balancing." It gives her a way to exercise her authority, imposes limits on me that in some weird way I know I need even when I hate it, and "clears the air" like nothing else seems to do.

    Where thing have turned for us in the last year or so is, I think we both recognize that spanking is a necessary but not sufficent element of what we are aiming for. I want her to be more rigorous and consistent in imposing boundaries. She has found she likes exercsing power, and specifically likes making me do things that she knows challenge my natural resistance. But, corporal punishment is really more about error correction than that ongoing power exchange. We always saw spanking as means, wth DD as the end. Now, we increasingly see DD as a means to a larger end of empowering her and disempowering me. Now, we always saw those as the goals, but corporal punishment was our only real means of getting there. We are now broadening that focus a bit, such that discipline, in the form of corporal punishment, is one tool in her tool box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, would love to hear more re what you mean as to more rigorous and imposing boundaries. As always, you bring so much to this.

      Delete
    2. I always find this a little hard to articulate, but boundaries are either a clear set of rules governing my behavior, or consistent consequences for behavior that is clearly wrong or that hurts myself or the relationship. Basically, I need to know that if a line is crossed, there will be a consequence for that. Without going to too much detail, I grew up with an almost total absence of rules. In fact, one of my parents explained the philosophy as, "Don't screw up. As long as you don't screw up too much, I'll assume you dont need me to set any rules for you." Now, for that would be most teen-age boys' wet dream. But, it also means that the weight of every decision, every act, is fully and totally on you. It made me very, very good at taking responsibility, and taking leadership roles, because I am very comfortable making decisions on my own. But, it also left me feeling the weight of that responsibility all the time. When I try to trace back my interest in DD to something in my past, I think that part of it lies in the fact that I never had anyone impose rules on me, nor were there any consequences for bad behavior, other than whatever "discipline" was imposed whenever I reaped what my actions had sown.

      Regarding rigorous application of consequences, because I basically grew up with no rules, and because I am naturally hardheaded, the only way I am ever going to have a shot at restraining my actions in some areas is likely to be if consequences are meted out whenever I cross that line. Every single time.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Dan. Really appreciate your perspective.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rhiannon! Wow! What an amazing post and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm writing this from a smartphone, so I might be a bit more brief. I completely agree with you. Both my wife and I had lots of discussion about the topics of FemDom, FLR and such. Everyone seems to have a different method or perspective on the various subjects. Ultimately, we think that you take a bit from here and a bit from there to end up something uniquely yours that works for you and your spouse. Which it seems that both of you have successfully manage to create. So lots of kudos to both of you.

    I am really excited to read more about your journey and getting to know more about both of you through your postings. I wish it were possible for a lots of us to meet and share these discussions in person and have a forum to exchange these thoughts. However, for the moment we rely on these pages to do so.

    And I say the following with a smile, and not wanting to offend at all - this is your blog, no need to tiptoe around people that might not agree with you or to be cautious with your words. If they don't like your thoughts, don't read it. 😊. Being able to firmly state your thoughts and to make no apologies for it, is as attractive as hell in Woman.

    I can't wait to read your next postings. And again, thank you for sharing and writing your thoughts.

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J-

      Thanks so so much. The little from basket A and basket B, C, E, ZZ is exactly what we find to work best for us. I just cannot be an all or nothing really in anything.

      You are a doll as to your comment re not tiptoeing. It is more that I am new to this, and much like when I learned all caps was somehow shouting, I do not want to trip some explosive blog wire.

      As time goes on, we may have to organize something. I am shockingly good at the party planing, and have an AMAZING (shouty cap intentional) husband to help carry that through.

      Thanks so much for the contributions. I am looking forward to learning more about you as well.

      Delete
    2. How very kind of you, Mistress. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hello Rhiannon! Couldn't help but read! :)
    As my wife and me are at the beginning of hopefully a great FLR and D/s journey I would like to say that not only you as "new" Lady might be struggling what kind of things to discipline your man work best, but also that me as a "new" sub in real life. So far most of the things are just my fantasies. This might be the same case with your husband? In our case until today I told my wife a bunch of fantasies...I never thought of a spanking at first. Never. But through these openings and thoughts and fantasies I told her I found out that this might be very interesting. One day she gave me a little slap in my face after me being not nice. It felt amazingly great to feel her power. And that is what you wrote: the spanking at your house is a way of stating that YOU have the power. Until today I never was spanked by my wife and I am not curious about feeling pain, but I want and need to feel her power. I learned within the last year that I cannot stop this need by just not looking at it. It just is a kind of natural need for me to obey to a woman. And I decided (after years) that I tell her about it and that I want to obey ONLY HER for the rest of my life. I can resist other women. But I cannot resist my woman and I do not want to have to resist her anymore. I want to be allowed to show her my sexual desire. Therefore I need her to know that this is only another aspect of me and not changing everything else. Therefore I need her to try to understand my (complex submissive) feelings or at least accept them and take them for real. Then I see a chance that she starts to understand and maybe feel the unbelievably great power she has over me, if she wants or not. That is the point when I say to her, that she can't really do anything wrong. Just try out everything, let me adore your body and soul as much as you never experienced before. Don't feel bad about it. The only "wrong" would be not to do and try anything, but as a submissive and loving man I would not be angry about that as I learned how difficult it is to be or become dominant. At least as difficult as to be submissive. For me I would love to be spanked, just to try it. I never was and maybe I would tell her right away that this is not something I really like to experience another time. What I definitely would like to experience again is to be locked in a chastity device.
    (Kind of started to write just what I was thinking, hopefully it is not too bad to read...)
    Thanks for your blog. Submissively Phil
    PS: Please forgive me my poor english, I am from Bavaria and try my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. Your english was just great.

      It is great that you are talking about this with your Lady, and that you understand the complexities from both sides. Certainly neither part of the journey is easy, but I am sure you will find what works for your both.

      Delete
  4. Mistress Rhiannon ( I feel the need to defer to you, please let me know if this is ok)

    Once again you have captured the essence of the issue and articulated very well on the myriad of questions that circulate in my brain, but from the other side of /.

    I think I answered a lot of this in my response to your question yesterday, but I have thought some more about the topic that I want to further articulate. I will also assume that readers take my comments as my opinion alone and that I am not seeking to generalise or label.

    If I transgress I should expect a consequence. Mistakes happen and this needs to be allowed for within the discipline framework. This is what we as parents teach our children. The consequence must be sufficient to deter the likelihood of the transgression occurring again. This should not matter as to the size, nature or impact of the transgression. The response must teach a lesson. It must be consistently applied and done so with no malice or anger but as an act of love. The saying “this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you” springs to mind. I would happily receive punishment delivered in this way. I would know why I was being punished and what would be expected of me in future. As I mentioned a simple expression of N’s displeasure is enough for me to change the behaviour. As we are still new to this I don't think I have done anything that would deserve a punishment but I maybe wrong in this. I can think of a few things that I need to work on.

    In terms of what would be an effective punishment, there are so many options available outside of using corporal punishment. For me, spanking is something I enjoy so that would be a reward not a punishment, so much so I might play up. I read somewhere recently about a methods of punishment but I can't recall which blog it was on, but in essence it was to create a punishment that deprived them in some way. Extra chores at the expense of leisure time, repeating the action over and over (the old writing lines example), doing something for your benefit, denying them something for a period of time or forever. I feel I'm rambling so I will stop. DtBHC

    Ps – just remembered – it was this post http://queenandknight.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/do-what-i-tell-you-and-do-it-correctly.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DtBHC,

      You are welcome to call me that, although I certainly would never require that. Thanks for the link. I will check it out. For me, I really want things to be tied together so it makes sense. i.e., this comes for this type of behavior. I am not sure that is entirely possible though so it is good to have a toolbox of sorts.

      Thank you for your consistently kind words and contributions. I am glad to be part of this community!

      Delete
  5. Mistress R (if I may call you that) My Mistress is also R. this post had my head spinning. Like Dan said above we also started with DD then moved to FLR. You both already enjoy spanking so that is not a problem. May I point out what is done in our relationship. She sets the rules and I follow. I get spanked for the following reasons. Punishment, maintenance, just because she feels like spanking me, and for sex play. You don't need different canes to spank him with. Each implement has it's own feel when being spanked and the sting is in how you deliver the spanking. For punishment you can punish just as hard with a wooden spoon or a good hair brush (wood). The cane will if used proper will leave him with welts that could last for a few days. The others will leave him with a very red and sore bottom. Myself I love to be spanked with a leather belt so she won't use that during punishment. That is given with the wooden spoon and hair brush and wooden paddle. Let me say I love (always have) helping her with house chores. Some times she has a special chore she wants done and will ask me to do it. That usually means do it today. If there is some reason I can't do it that day I must tell her at that time. If I don't tell her and the chore is not done she will punish me for it. We are empty nesters so spanking can take place any time and for not doing a chore I can expect to be punished that evening. That does not mean she has to punish me the same day. She decides when to give out punishment and sometimes she will wait until like Friday and tell me some correction is needed. I then stand before her while she sits and tells me what I've done wrong. then I'm sent to get the implement(s) she wants and tells me the position I'm to be corrected in. My bottom is then bared and I assume the position. We don't have a number of strokes for punishment and usually she will use 2-3 implements during punishment. The punishment is over when she feels her point has been made and I've learned from the punishment. She has never stopped because I say I'm sorry or ask her to stop. Before she is done I'm hollering, kicking and wiggling my bottom to ease the sting. That will not work for everyone but it does for us. The other spanking are self explanatory. Maintenance is to remind me that she is in charge and is no where near punishment. She enjoys spanking me and sometimes feels she wants to spank me for no other reason than she wants to. I hope this helps and I love following your blog and wish you both the best.
    archedone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, archedone. I actually do not assign a specific number either because it is a way of maintaining authority. I also have designated things for the reason you raise in liking the belt and not being a punishment. I assign different implements to the different groups to make sure the message is getting across I suppose.

      Delete
  6. Rhiannon,

    Although I will always feel like a novice in the "field" of FLM/FLR, I have been an actual, practicing submissive husband, in an acknowledged, loving, Female Dominant marriage for over 3 years, I’ve learned a few things. Prior to that, I was an active participate in kinky role play with my wife (my current Mistress) and have had a keen interest in the more cerebral dynamics of the BDSM, D/s, FLM/FLR, Power Exchange, etc........... All that being said, it doesn't make me an expert on anything by any means, but it has provided me the opportunity to notice trends that come from the desires that people have and how they manifest themselves in relationships that they seek to have with the ones they love the most. So please understand that, like you, anything I might say hear is merely an observation or opinion stemming from that experience.

    Each of us, individually and as a couple, comes to a crossroad (like you seem to be) were we wonder which direction we should go down. We consider many things when pondering, some of them that conspire against each other, yet we know one thing for sure, we want to continue our journey.

    Since we had each enjoyed power exchange role-play in our vanilla life-past, and since that role-play had included spankings and other forms of discipline, it was a natural thing for us to use when it came to deciding how punishment and discipline would be administered. It is our primary means of punishment and discipline, but by no means is it the only form. Like most suburban families with kids, real-life doesn’t always afford the opportunity for Mistress to administer punishment at the exact point of infraction.

    With the very basics of our dynamics in mind, once Mistress decided that spanking would be the primary method for discipline and administering punishment, it was decided. Moreover and more importantly, once Mistress really understood that I truly wanted for her to make decision that I would be compelled to accept, and she no longer felt the need to take into account my preferences, and by doing she would indeed be providing me the kind of pleasure my submissive heart desired, she indeed find comfort, joy and pleasure in making and enforcing the rules we would live by. Yes, we have review meetings all the time about the “state of union” where she wants my input for consideration, but it’s that, input for consideration. As long as neither of us cross a boundary line of a limit we have set, she makes the rules!

    If for no other reason than it was clearly within the limits we had set for our relationship. Not having a say in when and how I am punished is part of the very essence of our lives together. You mentioned a later post and conversation about orgasm control. I can’t to be immersed in that conversation as I think it one of the three legs of the stool for a successful Female Led Marriage.

    Thanks again for your awesome blog. Forgive my long comment. I hope it makes some sense.

    S.H.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.H.I.P.: Thanks so much for this. I am fascinated by the real joy you seem to derive from your wife's authority and simply taking charge. It is easier to wrap my mind around all of this but thinking about what it does for him as well, and that I should make the decisions because I told him that I would. And that I should let him help/serve me because he wants to.

      This is maybe an off topic example, but I thought about what you said yesterday that was similar, and instead of emptying the dishwasher or various things in the kitchen that needed to be addressed, I actually just expected he would take care of it, as the household type tasks are now more his domain. It took me a second to not just get it done, but then I realized this was exactly what we were supposed to be doing and that whether or not he really wanted to deal with the dishwasher was irrelevant, because I decided I did not want to and he just will.

      Thanks for the contributions. Really love to hear your thoughts/experience.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rhiannon, and yes, Mistress K. went through the very same process of realizing the irrelevance of whether or not I wanted to do something or not. Once realized, it was as if the rain had stopped, the clouds had parted, the sun began to shine and the birds started singing for her.

      Delete
    3. That is exactly right. It is like the FLR epiphany!! Good thing it is memorialized here in writing so I can keep repeating it!

      Delete
    4. As a submissive male, that moment feels wonderful, doesn't it S.H.I.P? To me, Mistress R is even more beautiful than usual when exercising that full authority. It's part of why I truly crave it: She glows with Her control and I feel deeply loved and fulfilled.

      Delete
    5. It certainly does Mistress R's SubHub! It certainly does. I know the feeling well. One time, I was sleeping .... dead tired, seriously dead tired. So tired that noting but sleep was what I wanted at that moment, even over an opportunity to have with Mistress. She knew I was beat. She even sent me to bed. Then, probably 10 minutes after I was in deep REM sleep, she got into bed and without any hesitation, woke me up abruptly, grabbed my head and located at the place on her body that was going to give her a quick orgasm. Bleary eyed, I woke up. She didn't even give me a chance to complain about how tired I was. Instead she made it clear that she wanted sexual relief. She had just seen something on TV that got her all hot, and she had a need. I was there to satisfy that. Reluctantly (yes, I can't believe I was reluctant, but I was beat) I follow the guidance of her hands pushing me toward her sex and did my husbandly duty and helped Mistress have a deep, long, satisfying orgasm.

      When she was done, she simply said thank, rolled over and went to sleep. I was completely denied of absolutely everything. Eventually a fell asleep, happily content with my life with my wife.

      Delete
  7. Rhiannon,
    This is a fascinating narrative (complete with preface) of your journey into discipline and spanking. As some others have said spanking is really a core element in our DD. My wife refers to it as her “sanction” and I don’t think I would behave to her standards without at least the threat of it being there. Our journey was different than yours in that spanking started before we were married and it was always discipline. When we met she had very positive views of spanking and it brought my own interests to the surface more. Pretty early I told her I thought a spanking would straighten me out sometimes and she offered that she saw some self-destructive tendencies in me that needed correction. That’s about all it took. The first spankings were a little tentative but she soon acquired a hard wood brush and had a large sorority paddle and they were soon put to work. She was a natural spanker and I soon learned a date with her brush was not a fun experience. By the time we were married spankings were pretty frequent (two –three a month) and we had developed quite a few rituals that we still follow today like confessing misbehavior and asking for punishment. You mention “day to day discipline” which if I understand you, my wife calls “on the spot spanking”. I am sent for her brush (usually a bath brush which I truly hate) have my pants taken down where ever she is in the house and spanked. These are much shorter in duration than planned spankings ( although the actual spanking time is similar) but she can and has administered one of these in five minutes or less. On one memorable ocassion just giving me enough time to pull my pants back up when guests knocked on the door. On the spot spankings do seem very effective in changing my behavior because the punishment is so swift and tied to whatever got me into trouble (which has been something so simple as leaving food out unwrapped or something as serious as a major tantrum). My wife seems to be moving to on the spots more as we are free to use them and she sees results from them. Overall I believe using spanking in a relationship is always a work in progress. It is amazingly effective in resolving issues without resentment and fostering better communication. The experience of having your pants taken down leaves no ambiguity over who is in charge and in non DD relationships that struggle over who is in charge lies behind many marital disputes and hurt feelings
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan,

      Thanks for this post. I agree particularly with the sentiment that being spanked leaves no real question as to who is in charge, at least of that category in the relationship (if all control is not present in the relationship).

      The on the spot and day to day are the same concept. For me, sometimes they could be a specific reason (preventive usually) or just because. I enjoy just sometimes reminding him I am unquestionably in charge and those clearly are administered differently than if he was actually in trouble,.

      When you reference planned spankings, is that for numerous infractions that weren't corrected on the spot? Like a weekly catch up of sorts? Or more serious? Just curious if you want to share.

      Delete
    2. I also get preventative spankings ( that's exactly what she calls them) prior to situations in which I have chronically gotten in trouble in the past. Examples are long trips by car, some family gatherings and holiday parties. In the beginning I had some resentment about these thinking I was being unfairly punished. But I have come to appreciate why she does them and as usual she is right. They spare both of us the stress of my misbehavior and they eliminate us getting home sometimes late at night and her having to administer discipline.You asked about a planned spanking. It has been different things at different points of our relationship. In the beginning most were planned.She would tell me I was going to be spanked and where and when. We lived in separate apartments so spankings occurred both places as well as a few at her mothers home.. Spankings then tended to be drawn out with much discussion of what I did before , usually me doing corner time and some penance after it was over. Now a planned spanking occurs usually twice monthly ( every other Friday night ) in which she does a two week behavior review followed by a spanking if necessary. These are very ritualistic and designed to reinforce her authority and to reveal behavioral issues she might have missed in the previous two weeks.

      Delete
  8. Look at the interest you have created. Is it obvious that we submissive males are so attracted to intelligent, Female Dominants (non-sexual even) that we border on being stalkers? *smile

    Keep up the good work Lady Rhiannon A new and exciting phenomenon has hit the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't disagree with S.H.I.P on this at all. I am finding your posts so insightful and thought provoking. Already forming ideas on your future post on orgasm control as this is the concept that I most stuggle with.

      Delete
    2. You are both so very kind. The support of people in this community really make this worthwhile

      Delete
  9. Thanks S.H.I.P.! I find this so endlessly fascinating and love to hear all of the male submissive perspective. Obviously I want to do this right and to have considered all of the different aspects, of which the male sub side is pretty important!

    ReplyDelete